Fiberloc™ Optimal™ and Extreme™ Composites
GEON® Fiberloc™ Composites offer a number of cost and performance advantages over alternative materials such as wood, aluminum or other composites.
Fiberloc™ Optimal™ and Extreme™ Composites, the next wave in composite technology from GEON®, enables stronger, more durable and more imaginative components while also reducing energy and product lifecycle costs.
- Results in up to a 50 percent reduction in wear versus traditional glass composites – extending equipment life and increasing productivity
- Works well in both injection molded and extruded applications
- Exceptional strength-to-weight ratio for improved efficiency and cost savings
- Easily drilled, cut or machined on standard equipment or joined by standard welding techniques
- Corrosion and fatigue resistance, even under extreme temperatures, for longer product life
- Enables longer lengths and design capabilities for greater design freedom, easier part consolidation and lower assembly costs
Increased processability and loading enhances the following properties:
- Strength and stiffness
- Specifically flexural modulus
- Reduced deflection under heat
- Decreased coefficient of thermal expansion (CLTE)
- Mechanical strength
- Rigidity and hardness
- Thermal stability
- Chemical, abrasion and impact resistance
- Optimal™ Products: tensile modulus up to 1000 ksi
- Extreme™ Products: tensile modulus higher than 1000 ksi
- Fiberloc™ composites exhibit low coefficient of linear thermal expansion (CLTE) suitable for applications subjected to hot/cold cycles.
- Fiberloc™ composites can achieve CLTE comparable to aluminum.
The addition of glass fiber can improve the ultimate tensile strength of the vinyl matrix, which is maintained over the entire cycling range out to a million cycles. The composites with higher loading of fiber content exhibit better fatigue resistance.
Fiberloc™ composites show excellent resistance to deformation under high loads over extended periods of time. Resistance to deformation improves with increasing fiber loading.
|PRODUCT NAME||EXTERIOR PERFORMANCE||AGENCY LISTINGS|
|Geon Fiberloc 80510 ||UL94
|Geon Fiberloc 80520 ||UL94|
|Geon Fiberloc 80530 ||UL94|
|Geon Fiberloc 81510 ||UL94, NSF
|Geon Fiberloc 81520 ||UL94, NSF
|Geon Fiberloc 81530 ||UL94, NSF
|Geon Fiberloc 83510 ||UL94
|Geon Fiberloc 83520 ||UL94
|Geon Fiberloc 83530 ||UL94
Fiberloc™ Composites – Driving Tomorrow’s Solutions
Increase your competitive advantage in a variety of markets with technology from GEON®.