reFlex™ Bio-Derived Plasticizer
Looking for productivity, sustainability benefits, or non-phthalate solutions? To meet your needs, GEON® Performance Solutions has developed and commercialized a plasticizer based largely upon rapidly renewable feedstocks such as soybean oil.
GEON Performance Solutions’s reFlex bioplasticizer provides you with a non‐phthalate, bio‐derived plasticizer alternative, offering unique benefits that help to increase both top- and bottom-line performance.
Key Characteristics and Benefits of reFlex Bioplasticizer:
- Bio-based, non-phthalate alternative to general purpose phthalate plasticizers
- Reduces potential legal exposure by ensuring compliance with CA Prop. 65, the Consumer Product Safety Initiative Act of 2008 (CPSIA) and other regulations that restrict the use of phthalate plasticizers
- Allows the incorporation of rapidly renewable content
- Certified to 94-99% bio-based content by USDA BioPreferred® standard
- Usage levels and performance characteristics comparable to DINP, BBP, etc.
- Imparts excellent thermal stability, which may allow for reduced heat stabilizer levels and reduced yield loss for processors
- Enhanced mechanical properties at equivalent hardness
|PRODUCT NAME||BIO-BASED CONTENT||NON-PHTHALATE||CPSIA COMPLIANT||CA PROP 65 COMPLIANT*|
|reFlex 100 ||94%|